Sunday, July 6, 2008

Work in Progress Diversity!

You may have wondered if you were ever going to see a quilt on my blog or maybe I just dream of quilting :) Well, I do quilt leisurely, but I collect fabric steadily! Here are three in progress pieces that I want to share. Funny that they are all so different..Japanese fabric, 30's Reproductions, and Civil War prints...now that's what I call diversity! One is a scrappy Bento Box made for the wonderful fabric scraps I bought at Purl Soho while in NYC in May. They have these wonderful scrapbooks (large scraps sewn together down one side of random fabrics) and I bought 10 of them! I took them all apart and realized they would make the most wonderful squares! Here is the very first one:
The Bento Box is such fun! 3 inch by 8 inch strips and your imagination is all you need for success. I have seen them in many colorways. Sometimes just two fabrics are just right. I am usually of the school of thought the more the merrier.

The second work in progress began when Lizzie began her Mimi Dietrich 4 patch. I was so thrilled with those tiny squares, I had to make one too! Mine sort of grew to a bigger piece because of my low wattage math skills...don't ask, just enjoy! I hope to put a border of prairie points on it soon. The third and final work in progress is a block of the month of civil war fabrics from a wonderful shop called Debbie's Quilt Shop in Paradise, California. Debbie specializes in civil war fabrics and 30's reproductions. She is also a fabulous piecer and longarm quilter. If ever in Paradise, you need to go by her shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment