Sunday, August 3, 2008

Instant Gratification--Pillows!

Well, I have been chopping fabric for my Bento Box and other projects I am going to take to Cindy Needham's retreat next weekend, but I needed to complete something, you know? I had been cutting 3 inch strips for what seemed like hours, and then these darling birds appeared in the pile.

These fabrics were all from Purl Soho in NYC and were all scraps sewn into piles they call "scrapbooks". I looked at these birds and thought, pillow! Amazingly I had a fat quarter of Kaffe Fasset's Ikat on the table and they were weird enough colors that they went together! Then after I sewed them in strips, I looked for the back fabric and there it was...Jane's butterfly garden!

In less than a hour I had the pillow sewn. I thank Jean Wells and Valori for their splendid book Oh Sew Easy Pillows for measurements and inspiration.


Then even more wonderful came the pillow insert from my craft closet. Sitting there all lonesome and exactly the right size! I believe I have had that pillow for about 10 years no joke. I love pillows, and this one was as easy as sleeping in on a Sunday morning!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Great pillow. Liove the bird fabric. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete