Thursday, August 28, 2008

WhirlWind

Wow, it is going to be 112 here today. Yesterday it was 108 and the wind was blowing so it felt like the oven was open. Ugh. Work is hectic. I run around doing a zillion little things and have about 50 different conversations a day. Really.

I guess that's better than a boring job where things just go plunk plunk plunk...I remember now what I like about being home for the summer...a little of this, a little of that, and the pace is just so nice. It is a great job, but it would be nice if it was less of a scramble everyday. But reference work is like that...one day someone needs a photograph, then someone needs help with a paper on a local issue, then someone needs a pencil. I need to hold some fabric! Thank goodness I have an entire closet full to love!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your vote of confidence that Annie will be fine! I'm glad to hear that the treatment works.

    Your job sounds wonderful! I love a fast pace job that makes the 8 hours fly. Lately mine has been making the 8 hours fly into 9 hours... I work for Jetway - we manufacture the passenger boarding bridges at airports. I've loved my job for over 17 years now. But I know what you mean about just needing to hold fabric sometimes...

    Nice to meet you. :) Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I put it together now! I actually wondered about that when I saw Chico...

    You have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete