Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to Blogging!

Today is the first day of the rest of my blogging life...trite but true! I have been all over the place and somehow you know how that interferes with your computer friendships! So, I am going to tell you what has been happening since I got my Miss Bee Bernina and where I have been! First I had to take Miss Bee to the hospital already. The BSR wouldn't work...it wouldn't stay in the receptacle. Ugh. But she is now rested up and repaired and I have been actually sewing! She stayed at the Paradise Sewing Center for over a week while I took my birthday trip to Newport Beach with my dear Mike. Here we are!

What a perfect time to be at the beach...school was back in and southern California was mellow.
I took a nice bike ride over to Balboa Island one morning and road all over the place. I found this cool house with very dramatic colors to show you. Many cool things in store windows too. Those are old glass baby bottles with interesting glass glued to the tops cool! Those are huge huge dahlias along the way! Honestly, they were over 12 inches across. Some closer to 15 inches!

1 comment:

  1. The beach looks awesome... with the ocean fading off into the horizon... I roller skated Newport Beach when I was 17... a long long time ago...

    Good pictures - that house is colorful! And the baby bottle toppers are cool - reminds me of stained glass.

    Glad to see you back on the blog!

    ReplyDelete