Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lots of Works in Progress!


Work in Progress indeed! Take a look at the wonderful work of the Sunday WIP gals. WoW!
First we have Teresa's BeeHive Blocks which she won as the Newsletter Block at Guild this past June. Darling raw edge hives and flowers. The quilting is just as cute. Look closely for the bumble bee designs on the creamy background.


And here is Cathy with the foundation paper pieced block of the month at Honey Run a few months back...It is all done and quilted ! Today she sewed the binding on...It's just about done. Incredible colors and intricate fabrics. If you look closely, you'll see vegetables...fabric that is!
And I remember the night Carly began marking this quilt last winter. Raising kids and having a full time job and still does this fabulous job of quiltmaking. Awesome.
Debbie was in a basket block exchange and put it all together in this adorable quilt. Today she did the borders and it looks so great. The black and white polka dots just make the quilt pop.
This is Goldie's Batik goodness in all colors. I love the multicolored black background too.

And here it is...The Annie's Star Quilt Guild 2009 Opportunity Quilt. Isn't this just amazing...the paper pieced flowers are too fabulous for words...the clamshell quilting and all the intricate stitches on the herons. Named "Pieceful Flowers" it will be displayed all over Butte County for ticket sales. Count me in on that drawing! I wish I had gotten a photo of the quilt back fabric. I will catch up with this quilt once it has it's binding on and show you. Goldie and Beth (who spent 2 months quilting it!) deserve a big shout out for this beauty!!

3 comments:

  1. Great quilts! Thanks for sharing

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me while I pick up my jaw off the floor. It fell in amazement at these quilts! Especially all the detail in that last one...
    And I did see the stitched bee's in the first...
    Wow. Those take tons of talent and tons of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous! I'm particularly drawn to that foundation pieced BOM. Wow.

    ReplyDelete