Sunday, March 29, 2009

Iron Cozy







I have been traveling back and forth to classes now for several years, and every time I need to pack up, I find I have a bit of a problem figuring out what to do with my hot iron. I usually bring a small rowenta iron and my own pressing surface and I have been known to bring my larger iron. Awhile back I decided a heavy duty paper plate (chinet) could be folded in half and the iron could rest on that inside whatever bag I had brought that day or inside the front pocket of my sewing machine case. I ran across some quilted heat resistant fabric and decided it was time to make a bag to carry those hot items. I fused red ticking to the back side of the quilted fabric, and then I made it into a bag. I have never made a bag so forgive the crude nature of the seams etc. It was really thick by the time I had all those layers together...but my walking foot and a little larger stitch length seemed to do the trick. I sewed a little goose onto the front that I had from a postcard exchange...and I added a handle because Mike said "that needs a handle don't you think?" What do you think? What else could we do to make this even better...I know great minds think alike so please add your comments!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good to me and very practical, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea!!! I have the travel rowenta, too, and it gets so hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! And it's great looking too!

    ReplyDelete