Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Coin Quilt Piece-A-Long Done!





WooHoo, I got my Coin Quilt back today from Renee at Quilted Elegance! The quilting pattern is called Awesome Blossom! The piece-along is with Chickpea Studio's Juliette and Orange Flower Sketchbook's Karin who proposed we make coin quilts (with no particular deadline!!)  and the flickr group is chocked full of fabulous coin quilts.  My main fabric is Kaffee guiena flowers, the white is Kona Crush and the small border is a darling blue and purple off kelter stripe that is a mystery.  The back is also Kaffee. Too bad they don't make Kona Crush any longer. It has a wonderful thick cotton feel and a bit of a crushed look. It really makes this quilt substantial. Hope you like it! I know it will go to the beach house this year! 

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the quilting design also. Doesn't it feel good to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam - no surprise, it turned out great!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one elegant quilt! I love the choice of quilting design. The piecing and the quilting are a perfect marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today at my blog. But more importantly, thanks for the inspiration. I love your coin quilt. I have made Chinese Coin quilts before but not like this. We have a challenge in our group to make a quilt using red and black quares. Well, I'm cutting my squares in half and then setting them like your quilt.

    ReplyDelete