Saturday, July 18, 2009

Time for Photos Gals!

Liberated Baskets with Gwen Marston!
Hey Gals! Well it was a very good time up in Sisters.
My first class at the Stitchin Post was from Gwen Marston and was the Liberated Basket. We used 11 7/8 inch newspaper squares and cut them into two large triangles. Then with a variety of fabrics beginning in the center and working one fabric at a time out from there, we built a basket shape. You trim as you go along the edges. The pointy ends can be tricky and take more fabric than you (uh, me that is) realize...then you make a bias handle and attach. The bottom of the basket is two rectangles two half square triangles and another triangle. voila! Gwen was wonderful.


And a visit from Freddy Moran who was teaching next door...so very fun!

Me on Quilt Show Day in front of Gwen and Freddy's Liberated Baskets

Our cabin on the Metolius was fabulous as can be and I loved the cooler weather we had. Behind me on the couch is my finished Flea Market Fancy Log Cabin.
It has batik centers and American Jane yellow dots...to finish it out.





My sewing table looking toward the porch and the River...wonderful! (I think I spy a Heinekin Bottle near the pins..look out!
my first two baskets!

I have lots more to tell about the week...quilts, and Gee's Bend Ladies..More tomorrow on the rest of a fabulous trip!



8 comments:

  1. Nice, and so colorful! Did you get to where the Metolious starts...right out of the ground? It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pammy it looks so great! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures! Your hair looks adorable. Can't wait to talk to you and hear all of the stories,

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks look fun and colorful. were they complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your two blocks
    Oh I just love this quilt and yes its on my list to make one day
    can't wait to see yours done ;)
    looking forward to reading more about your quilting retreat and class!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so fun you got to take a class with Gwen! Woohoo, your blocks are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at Sisters too and took a class with Freddy-are you going back in March for more classes?
    love the baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just discovered your blog (from Tonya), and I've subscribed to the feed. I've enjoyed all your postings and photos and your style of liberated patchwork, too.
    Wish I, too, could attend Gwen's workshop, but owning some of her books is nearly as good.
    Those books which I can't buy, I try to get on Library ILL. I'm very happy to be a volunteer in a small CT library; libraries and librarians are all (well, almost all) amazing!
    Thanks again for your posts.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, I'm looking thru all your pictures. Amazing. It's all so great, and fun, and beautiful!

    I love the colorful baskets.

    Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete