Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tonye Belinda Phillips

I have never hand appliqued with the needle turned style. I have done the freezer paper method and liked it alot. I have loved Tonye Phillips quilts since I first saw them and wanted to take a class with her. We started with the Retro Bag and here are some examples she had for us to consider, I just love the bright colors! Mine is almost done believe it or not!
Below is Tonye and yours truly as she shares my Dozens of Basket quilt with the class!! I had fused my baskets and used a zig zag stitch to secure them. If you don't have her book Hand Appliqued Quilts I suggest you get it as it is very understandable and is quite charming to boot!
Here are some of Tonye's Quilts and they are spectacular in person.




Tonye is just a wonderful person and I hope to be able to get her to Chico to meet local quilters and have her share her talent in person!

4 comments:

  1. Those are all adorable. Does she have a book out with all these great patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy, how fun that you got to show her your wonderful quilt! your trip looks like it was packed with wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of her until I read everyone's reports of Sisters. The one third from the bottom is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your terrific basket quilt look great! Cool that you are showing it! All wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete