Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ah, Guess Who WON THE NEW JUKI Sewing Machine!!!

Carmen and Pam with the new JUKI

So tonight was the big Top Ten Quilt Sampler Party at Honey Run. The Grand Prize being a brand new Juki Sewing Machine. While we were all waiting for 8:45 to arrive, I said to the lady next to me, I had better eat a piece of cake for good luck and I got up and went and did just that. Chocolate to be exact.

Then the moment came and they pulled the green ticket and tadadadatada "Pam Bush".

No, way. Yes, way!!!
Turns out the story even gets better!

When we were sewing on Monday, Debbie and I decided that we should pool our resources and bought $50.00 worth of tickets together. We wrote little extra initials on the tickets really small so we would know if the winning ticket was one of our double luck tickets.

So surprise when you are reading this Debbie! Looks like we have joint custody of this fabulous machine! And thank you to Carmen for being such a generous quilter. The party was really so nice--the food delicious, and the company truly wonderful!

Other great photos from tonight's party!

Lizzie and her Kaffe Hexagon Quilt soon to be a class at Honey Run!
Tom Rolfe, Carmen's husband brought his sprint car to the party! Notice the Honey Run Logo? Good luck this weekend in the World of Outlaws Races in Chico Tom!

10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Oh my gosh! That is so cool! Double luck! Is it the TL-98Q?

    All smiles for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! We make a good team. I'm still feeling lucky. Should we head up to Morning Star on Saturday and see if we are on a winning streak? P.S. As any good attorney will tell you, possession is 9/10th of the law. Once I see it you may a hard time prying it out of my hands. But I'll be fair and share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PAM. . .OMG! How fun! Oh, I'm so glad you won! Yea! Yea! Yea! I'd tell you to have a good day. . .but, how exactly could you not Juki woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, when will you ever find time to work? Congrats, Pam....and Debbie. And thanks too for revealing yet another plus for chocolate; I'd heard it was a vegetable but never a good luck token! Off to eat some chocolate....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, how totally fantastic is that!?! Have you figured out your joint-juki custody arrangements? I have been waiting im-patiently for our area to get the latest Quilt Sampler magazine. It seems like our area is always the last to get it. I can't wait to see Honey Run. It's been a while since I've been up there.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so totally cool! I am green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Chocolate will bring you luck every time! You can still use your Bernina from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! How fun! I had no idea that chocolate cake had that effect! I'll keep that in mind for future reference. ;-)

    ReplyDelete