Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Favorite Summer Flower

We are getting a forecast of a big bad storm coming Tuesday full of wind and rain. So I took to the garden this morning to pick probably the last awesome bouquet of Cosmos. My first little Bichon Frise, was aptly named Cosmo. Sweet boy. Aptly named. His original name was "Mr. Popcorn" but wouldn't come to it. One day when I had the little boy out in the garden he scampered up into newly planted cosmos. Hey buddy, get outta those Cosmos! And he turned and said, who me? And that was that. Smart pup.


They were huge this year and full of happiness.
A couple zinnias peeked through too.
As much as I dislike the hot weather, I have to thank it for these wonderful heat loving blooms. Oh, and if you didn't know, the witch is now in place. The neighbors have been warned!!

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers. I have never been succesful with cosmos, but the zinnias and I get along well. Always have to grow zinnias in my veg garden. Just because. Oh, I hope we get some good rain with this storm, but not enough to cause bad mudslides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmos always make me think of the beginning of the Color Purple movie. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bouquet! The color is inbetween pink and purple. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete