Sunday, November 8, 2009

Clubhouse for Gals Only!

Well, gals it has been very interesting over the last couple weeks. I am excited to share good news about a venture of 4 friends who have bought a Handiquilter Fusion! Yep, and we have rented a space to keep her in and are currently creating our clubhouse. No boys! Well, maybe Kaffe if he'd like to stop by...Here are some photos of the nest. In other big news the kitchen and dining room remodel has begun. Not quite washing dishes out of the bathroom sink but possibly starting about Tuesday we may be. I have packed up the entire kitchen and stored it carefully, and taken a dozen bags to goodwill. Lots of memories in that old kitchen. Sweet things the girls made and funny notes stuck here and there. I wept when I was packing it up. Silly me. But lucky me. And back to the harsh reality of remodeling, I am reminded of the wisdom of Garrison Kellior. "Never. Ever. Renovate." Here's hoping he's wrong and I am right! By the way, the very first mistake was the contractor putting a hole in the wrong spot in the wall and using too large a door. Nice. Rewind. Redo. geesh.


4 comments:

  1. How fun is that....the rental place not the remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the clubhouse! so glad to be on blogspot now mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I can hardly wait to see it in person. And, sorry about the misplaced door. Let's hope that's the only mishap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun clubhouse! What a dream... not only to have the space... but to have the friends with the same interests! Lucky....

    ReplyDelete