Friday, December 11, 2009

Library Gal Current Reading List with Color Trends!



I watched Quilting Arts a couple weeks ago and they had a wonderful segment with the incredibly interesting and articulate Luana Rubin (and owner of equilter.com)on upcoming and current color trends in fabric, interior design, etc. Shortly after watching the show, I was straightening up my bedroom and stacked my current reading choices up on the bedside. Whoa. Talk about your color trends! All the books were compatibly color coordinated! Go figure! I decided they even matched the current ginko leaves outside my bedroom door. Add a beautiful Kaffe Fassett fabric to stage them on and voila...color trends galore! Kind of a fun moment! All of these titles are interesting and I am almost done with Olive Kitteredge and have finished The Help. The No. 1 Ladie's Detective Ladies is of course entertaining as usual. The Laura Childs mystery is good cozy fun surrounded by a tea shop, and so happens to take place in Charleston, South Carolina so you know I had to read it as my sweetie girl is living there now. Happy Reading Quilting Friends!

4 comments:

  1. The Help is on my list, too. I just finished Edgar Sawtelle and also Sister of My Heart. Loved the latter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I read (listened to) The Help and enjoyed it.

    Have a good weekend!

    ~Cat

    P.S. and have a glass of Blue Bunny Chardonay... (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chardonnay!

    I can't spell... after wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the first 2 of No. 1 Ladies'... entertaining. But I haven't been reading much lately.

    I also wanted to check on how your Christmas quilt came along! Do we get to see it soon? I posted about my Christmas quilts here:

    http://tigers4trace.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmastime.html

    ReplyDelete