Sunday, June 20, 2010

21 in the Magic Kingdom!

I gotta tell ya gals, I am not as young as I used to be...I grew up in L.A. and went to Disneyland when there were still "E" tickets and The Carousel of Progress and the House of the Future. I even worked there one Christmas vacation in the parking lot. So for Carmen's 21st bday we went for 4 fun filled days. OMG. I am so exhausted. You know I don't usually do roller coasters but what's a Mom gonna do when it's just her and the bday gal? Yep. I went on them all. Notice every other person is smiling but I am horrified and screaming. It's not a pretty sight. Only time I got really sick was on the Mickey Ferris Wheel with the swinging buckets. It took an hour or more to recover. Ugh. But it was great otherwise. We saw everybody and they said to tell y'all hello. Mickey, Minnie the whole gang. We went to the Aladdin Stage show at California Adventure which was fantastic...just like Broadway! Right to the front of the line as VIP's...seriously, it's good to be with the birthday gal!
On the big night June 17th we went to the House of Blues in Downtown Disney so they could check Carmen's id for real and she was legal. It was to be a night of 3 bands (oh boy! rock bands which I can love when I want to really...but who were these guys?) inside I was astounded to find walls full of quilts. Fantastic Quilts. Instant Comfort with a Gin and Tonic. Now that is what I needed! Made it through to the end and managed to stay sober and awake. We got up the next morning and made it to Disneyland by 8:30 a.m. As for today? I could take a nap with 10 quilts on top of me!

5 comments:

  1. so much fun! We love disneyland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam, I don't envy you. I did this for my daughter's 16th and my pic of the roller coaster was almost the same, except I had my eyes closed the whole time. I found out then that I was Too old for rides and I'm fine with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I grew up in west LA went to Disneyland almost every year. Those E tickets were like gold though I never took to scary fast rides either. Had to do the Matterhorn though.
    Best birthday wishes to your baby girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. E-tickets, I'd forgotten those! Amazing, isn't it, what one's kids can talk you into! Glad you survived, and it sounds none too worse for wear.....

    ReplyDelete