Saturday, September 25, 2010

September Catch Up

Gals, I hope you didn't forget me...I really haven't fallen off the face of the earth...just having a blogging break because life is just so daily...isn't that the truth! Where to start ...The very best news is that my Dear Dad is completely free of any cancer! The latest round of tests shows no sign of lymphoma at all...here is a cute summer photo of him with a peach pie made with his Elberta Peaces! It is a true blessing. Mike and I have been on vacation to Newport Beach. It's special to visit the California Coast in September. No people...everyone back in school mostly and very good weather. No quilting but some cross stitching on the beach watching the dolphins jump...I found an interesting store in Costa Mesa, Piecemakers. A little bit of everything but mostly ribbons and floss and dimly lit rooms...I bought some wonderful wool acrylic floss and some overdyed floss too.


We love Newport and always have fun there. We have been going to the same beach house for over 15 years. Now that it mostly is just me and Mike, we have different routines than when the girls were small. Different but still wonderful. This year we went to San Diego to see the USS Midway and it was really amazing. If you haven't been on an aircraft carrier, well, this is your chance.

My 57th birthday was a complete surprise visit from my brother Michael and his kids from Southern California. I was called into the living room and could not believe my eyes! It was a great time and so unexpected. I loved it!

Had some fun sewing days this summer too. Started making a Kaffe Romance Pickle Dish and spent time with some of my Sew Sisters pictured below:



Hope your summer was relaxing and you are spending these last warm days buttoning up outside chores and getting ready to sew this fall. Can't wait to see what you have been up to. xo Pam

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great time! That pickle dish is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Pam!!! Sounds like a wonderful summer... especially your dad getting a clean bill of health!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about your dad, Pam. And a Happy belated Birthday. Sounds like you celebrated in style!

    ReplyDelete