Thursday, December 30, 2010

Quilts Come & Go but Christmas Surprises are Forever!

My dear daughter Carmen has been asking forever for the Glorify Quilt I made this summer.


I took a class from Pam Dinndorf at Sisters and then I had Renee of Quilted Elegance quilt it for me with a beautiful dahlia design.

Carmen wanted that quilt so badly she offered to "pay" for it in installments. Ha! Well a mother's heart was warmed and a quilter's heart was delighted that she liked it that much! She refers to the quilt as "color theory" because I believe I mentioned that was the name of the class.

So, I wrapped it in an appropriate box

and here's the moment!

7 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous quilt! :)

    good job Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Carmen! That's a very beautiful quilt, Pam. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. It's a beautiful quilt for a beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If she asked for it you know she will love and treasure it! What a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky girl! What a wonderful feeling when our kids like the things we make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those surpises - and the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt and gorgeous smiles!

    ReplyDelete