Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Smoochie Smoochie!

No gals, you don't have to kiss me, but I did want to show you my little project finished just in time for holiday smooches! I purchased Quilting Arts Christmas gifts late in the summer and dreamed of making lots and lots of these. Exactly 2 have been created and I believe that will be it for me this year as my eyes are always bigger than my time allotment for quilting. Honestly, I love green fabrics and it was a great reason to hunt for more for the mistletoe. Finding the little felt balls was easy too. If you are looking for them try this source on Etsy adorable little things from Handbehg Felts. The project called for silk ribbons which are so dreamy but hard to find in Chico. Ribbon is one of the items I look for when I go a traveling to larger cities. Britex in San Francisco has rolls and rolls of it!

The interior of the leaves is heavy Timtex two sided fusible. The edges of the thick pellon was visible so I used two colors of green sharpie and it soaked it up just fine I am ready for my sweetie to pucker up and give me a smooch!

Merry Christmas!!

4 comments: