Friday, March 25, 2011

Jean Wells Basket Quilt with Lizzie

A few years back I was at the Sisters' Outdoor Quilt Show and among the hundreds of quilts there, I saw this one and immediately knew I wanted to make my own.


The label said it was a pattern from Jean Wells and I went over to the Stitchin Post to look for it, but it was not exactly a good time to track it down. You know, it is a crazy fun zoo in there during the show. So I took photographs and it has stayed in my mind. That in itself is amazing **Big Smile Here** The other night at our guild meeting I was browsing through the library and saw this book.Could it be in there? Well, yes it was! So I happily checked it out and began my search for the perfect fabric. I decided on the beautiful fabric by Ediyta Sitar called Bon Voyage which has both vintage appeal and a whole batch of batiks that go with it. My beautiful background fabric is Grunge in Kraft by Basic Grey. I hope to mix it up and see what happens.

My dear Lizzie has decided to quilt along with me and make her own version of Jean's basket quilt. I am making the 6 inch blocks and she is making the 12 inch blocks.
This is just her test block, so stayed tuned for what turns up.
The really nice thing about this basket is that the handle is not appliqued but pieced. What are your favorite basket blocks? Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Should be fun to see the end results! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you found the pattern; it must be meant to be!

    ReplyDelete