Thursday, October 13, 2011

When You Least Expect It!



Hello gals. It has been a whoa nellie kind of month. My dear Dad is having health problems and we are in the full time grown up mode at our house. I know that sounds funny, but having had an empty next for several years, it is an adjustment to think about all of his needs and fit in our daily jobs, and etc. It will be a new chapter in our family and we are trying our best to adapt to his needs with compassion and still respect his dignity. Ahhhh life....

Yesterday I had to drop off a form for a friend at Honey Run in Chico and as I was coming down the steps, I noticed two ladies getting out of a car. As I approached them, I didn't know them, but I did recognize the beautiful bag one of them was carrying!

What you say? Well. Here's the story. I had purchased Quilting Arts Gifts issue recently and inside was the very striking bag shown here. Guess what? The two ladies getting out of their car were none other than the proprietor of Renaissance Ribbons and her sister Elaine Schmidt,

who designed the bag and published the tutorial! Crazy! Very sweet and lovely French accents and laughs all around that I recognized the bag from over a lawn and glaring into the afternoon sunshine. The ribbons are amazing. They tell me that for instance, Kaffe Fassett sends them a very small original watercolor of what he'd like made into his ribbon. It is drafted and manufactured on a jacquard loom. They are really rather local to our area being from Oregon House, California, less than an hour from Chico. With all that has been going on in my life lately, this was a sweet moment and I just wanted to share it with you. All of their ribbons are available wholesale only, but I know you'll find just the ones you need at your local shops and online. Absolutely inches of art!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dad. What a cool surprise to lighten your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story and a bright spot during difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, Pam! Hugs to you and your dad. I just love Kaffe Fasset's eye for color, so it was fun to see these bags. Gotta check that link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your dad. That's rough. My mom gave up driving at the beginning of this year, so we've picked up more responsibilities as well. ITs the time of our lives right?

    ReplyDelete