Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hawaiian Quilt Shop!



Back on the mainland and boy it is chilly up here in Chico! I wanted to share some photos of Kapaia Stitchery in Lihue Kauai.

We had quite a few days of beach time and hikes and gardens and finally it was time to get grounded in the land of beauty with some quilting folks.

It's a really friendly place and has a wonderful selection of those wonderful hawaiian bark cloth heavy fabrics and batiks. And especially nice is the selection of precut Hawaiian applique motifs all ready for your needle turning pleasure.

They have a wonderful selection of needlepoint and fun gift items that are made locally. I loved the tea towels. I may have come home with "several".

Wish I had this beauty on my wall for Christmas!
We had a wonderful trip and this week is filled with get togethers and eating and twinkle lights! Hope your week is merry and bright! Aloha!

3 comments:

  1. Aren't the Hawaiian quilts fabulous, Pam? Mele Kalikimaka! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it there. I've been to that quilt shop. It's so hard to leave isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went there and splurged on my last trip to the island. I recall they also have a great yarn section, too.

    Love that lovely Hawaiian quilt! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete