Monday, December 26, 2011

Many Happy Gatherings




I really wanted to get some sewing done when we got home from Kauai. I truly had visions of sewing the last few seams of so many quilt tops that have been waiting for me. They are patiently going to have to wait until next year. I swore (I did!) that I wasn't going to hit the ground running when we got back from our vacation. I was going to go with the flow. Ha ha ha.

We Bush gals and little Deakin managed a real photo session with Park Avenue Photography in Paradise.

Then there was the cookie party. We started this tradition when Carmen and Eva were 5 I believe. They are now 22. Of course I wasn't going to miss this annual event.


Then a few days later, John and Vicki came to town from Seattle and some of us old college friends gathered to catch up. We even had a few grown children that humored us.

The Chelsea Womens' Book Club Dinner was the next night. By golly, I rested up and even managed to get there on time, with my reading and my dessert.


It went by in a blur.

(What is that blur in the photo?? Hmmm.)

We usually share a reading and this year we all shared memories of our childhood.
Mary Ann had prayed so hard for a Queen Elizabeth doll when she was young. A raffle at her school was being held to win her. She sold lots of tickets.
She prayed the Rosary many times a day. And on the day the winner was announced it was some guy named James Anderson. Turns out, James Anderson was her "Uncle Jimmy" and the coveted doll was under the tree Christmas morning! (Dear me that doll is in need of a doll hospital stat!)

We had a great Christmas morning here on Meadow Road. Deakin got right in the spirit!

Lulu brought the new baby, Charles Franklin aka Franky.

Carmen brought Homie her beautiful Maine Coon. He was so happy to rustle through the wrapping paper.

We've only got a few days until the New Year. Time to rest, regroup and get ready for another year. I am looking forward to it!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great holiday. I miss you sooo much. I feel like I'm counting the days until Bodega!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that your holiday celebration was so full of family and love! May 2012 be a fantastic year for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lovely and memorable holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pictures! I hope your Christmas and your vacation were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete