Thursday, January 5, 2012

Things are New Again


I am looking forward to this New Year. I know it's already 5 days old but it feels good. I am going to start by doing a sewalong called "Pink Lemonade" with Lori of Humble Quilts. I have a decent stash of reproduction fabrics that are wanting to come out to play. Thanks Lori for getting the New Year sewing started off right!

I also want to do the Building Houses from Scraps sewalong here.


Can you imagine how adorable 365 houses will be? If not in one quilt then scattered everywhere. Friends, be on the lookout for them appearing on your doorsteps when they start stacking up! Thanks to Jenneke for doing this international sewalong! She is in the Netherlands and it's truly amazing how many people have signed up to sew. Blog land is a wonderful place.

I've done a bit of clean up in my yard and planted some pansies and snapdragons in anticipation of Spring. Chico is always wonderful in the Spring. It's where I have lived for 38 years. I never get tired of spring flowers!
Hope the first week of your New Year is going well and you are happy. That is what matters!

5 comments:

  1. What?! Don't you know we are only 14 days into the winter season??!!

    Love your 2012 projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to start the little house blocks.. Jenneke has also created a "paper pieced" pattern for the little house, that one looks to be much easier.

    I would like to be planting pansies, but here in western NY, we have a few months to go before we can do that. I do have some geraniums that I brought in the past fall that are in full bloom.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great start to the new Year. Lori's sew along is so cute! I printed the house pattern for paper piecing, I might give it a whirl and try making a few blocks, It won't be one a day, I know that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the houses!!! I might have to do that sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll immediately grab your rss as I can't to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me realize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.
    Pentair 78108100 Stainless Steel SpaBrite Incandescent Light for Swimming Pool 120-Volt 100-Watt, 50-Feet Cord

    ReplyDelete