Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kitty Zombie in the Night Garden


That sounds ominous doesn't it gals? But it was not as scary as I thought. Using a new template that I bought from Sarah, I decided this morning to give it a whirl with fabric scraps I had going on my table.

Having started the Granny Square blocks for the quilt a long fun, a couple weeks ago I cut a bunch of my cherished Pam Kitty Morning into 2 1/2 inch strips. They were all cutified in a basket on the cutting table and then my scrap basket produced the pieces of Holiday Happy and the nice Joelle Haverson solid that I would never throw away. Ever! If only I can produce this little sweetness. The Night Garden templates are simple and the instructions in Little Things are really good because I haven't ever sewn one of these dreaded Y seams before and it kinda turned out ok! I tell you that these fabrics are just the cheerleaders of sewing! It was a good 90 minutes of play and sew on a chilly but clear Saturday morning. Gonna share my fun and then get to my Day Time Garden chores. Have a great weekend! xo

10 comments:

  1. oh i love your granny blocks! you're so right - they are! the cheerleeders of sewing haha!! I've been using some on my granny blocks too :) your night garden block looks sooo pretty too, I love the design. It would make such a nice wall hanging i think :)
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Pam :) Glad you're enjoying the templates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and cheery! Love that magnolia, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks perfect Pam! I lvoe the way you set it too.
    Looks like spring has arrived at your place..woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning fabric choices and lovely blocks..you do exceptional work

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those granny squares...on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a cute block. And I love the granny squares. I want to follow along on that but haven't.I need to get crackin!
    Hugs from "OLD" Sharon

    ReplyDelete