Friday, June 1, 2012

Cal for a California Gal

Hello Gals! I haven't been too faithful to my dear ol' blog lately, but I have been thinking of you guys and reading through blogs here and there. It has been a month of events. Carmen our youngest daughter graduated from Chico State in English Education/Creative Writing. She is headed as I write this to Berkeley to her "brown shingle" two story house with roommates that are also grad students in journalism, music, computer science, and law.  I'd say there will be lots of good dinner conversations if they ever have a chance to sit and eat!  Carmen is beginning the MUSE Program (multicultural urban secondary ed) and will be working for the next two years to earn her credential and masters' in education. It's going to be challenging but we are so proud and hopeful for her.


The Dad the Grad and The Momma


Super Sweet!

Blessings instead of Balloons

Love is the Answer! Happy Graduation Quilt.

Aunt Carmen and Deakin give a thumbs up!

Dear ol' Dad and his gals Carmen and Paloma

Chico State celebrated 125 years this graduation!

home made pennant by guess who
I made her a quilt from the most beautiful fabric, Curio by Basic Grey. Here she is about to open it up. (My friend Cat did the lettering for our family motto for the label...you should check out her beautiful work and blog). 
Ready to open the labor of love


I have two weeks of work remaining and then off for 2 months! Woot Woot! Life is good!

4 comments:

  1. What a great day! You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Congrats to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all of you! Does that mean everyone is "launched"? Great quilt; I was going to ask about the lettering...think I know Cat, too. Have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Carmen!!!
    Super Sweet is right!! Love all your pics!
    :) Cat

    ReplyDelete