Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spoonflower Pillows

Good Afternoon gals! I have been buzzing around doing chores and also a bit of sewing. The week before school was out for me, I made 4 pillows for my sweet workmate Pam's (yep a "Two Pam" office!)  3 little gals and one for her. We had discovered Spoonflower and saw this awesome fabric called "Quiet Time".  Pam gave me some suggestions for what I could choose for the back of each one to make them personalized since all the fronts were going to be the same. That was super fun too and so, I lined the fabric with a lightweight white cotton, simply sewed down the "trees" for a little texture, and did the simple envelope pillow style method. 4 pillows in about 3 hours from start to finish. I love them and if you find yourself wanting a fast and fun afternoon of sewing, go for it!




Of course, a reading squirrel. In Pink.
 
A Little Fairy Gal Dreaming of her Favorite Story!

6 comments:

  1. That really is the cutest fabric! Great pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fabric is adorable. And I had fun looking at all the Spoonflower fabrics. Thanks for the link. These pillows are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so lovely! :)
    http://quiltworld2.blogspot.fi/
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pillows, Pam. Spoonflower is a neat site, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete