Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Grinnin' with Gwen in Sisters!


Gals, I had the best day yesterday! A whole day with Gwen Marston and her beautiful Small Studies. They are each gems. Truly beautiful and so inspiring! We had a full classroom of fun and almost everyone finished a small study by the end of class. She is so generous, warm and funny. And if that wasn't enough, today at the cabin on my day off I just kept going and made a funky little piece that Mike called "interesting". Ha! Tomorrow I have Jean Wells for a class that is two days long. The pressure is on now! Holy moly. Look out scraps!! And really big news that my dear friend Lizzie was chosen "BEST OF SHOW" for the challenge block!! Of the dozens of entries, her's is number ONE! It was a challenge of just certain fabrics that the Stitchin Post picks. I am so thrilled for her!! Stay tuned for progress on more classes in the next few days. xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of the fun you're having! Have some more fun and let us know all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen rocks. I did 2 days with her in May. Jean's class will be fabulous, layered on what you just did with Gwen. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so envious of you all. Gwen, Jean Wells and Sisters all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WW--what a great learning/fun opportunity. I love those little quilt blocks--so quirky and original....Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a great time. Love your small quilt and kudos for taking such great classes! Thanks for the mention of my win. Wish I was there! Take lots of pictures. say hi to mike! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to take a class with Gwen Marston. What a wonderful few days you're having! Love seeing the class members work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you, sounds fantastic! And in beautiful Sisters!
    I love the little modern quilts. They look like such fun to just start putting scraps together...
    Smiles, C

    ReplyDelete