Monday, December 17, 2012

Starts and Finishes

Centerpiece 24 x 24 inches
I am so happy that I was able to finish my Batik Block of the Month center before the end of 2012 !  I started on it and it kind of had a grip on me the last three weeks. Cozy fire and sewing make for good company. So I am proud to share it here. This is really my first finished appliqué of any size. I have some small practice pieces I made with Tonye Phillips that I made into pot holders and gave away. I used the freezer paper method and prepped all of these pieces before stitching.  I have all the other squares done that go with this striking quilt. It will have to wait till next year, but it will go together now that this is complete.


The mail has been good to me lately, too. I ordered from two great gals and they arrived on the same day. I can't wait to get to sewing with all of it.

Pam Kitty Love by Lakehouse via Daisy Quilting Cottage

Special fabrics from Pink Penquin's Etsy. Love those word fabrics!
Christmas is approaching quickly. I have a few more little ideas for presents and the many meals that make for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

Happy Graduation Lulu!
Our daughter Paloma finished her CNA program and passed her State Boards on Friday!  She will be starting the LVN program next year. We are so proud of her. That cute little guy with her is my cute as a button grandson Deakin. Since we have two girls, it has been fun to buy boy presents.     Santa is bringing some walkie talkies and some cool imaginary play items that will bring pirates and robin hood to our house.  Hope all is well with you all, and that your holiday plans are shaping up! xoxo Pam

2 comments:

  1. Your applique block looks beautiful, and congrats to your daughter. Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your DD!!! Santa loves shopping for boys! lol

    Love your batik block!!

    ReplyDelete