Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sewing Along Project

Gals, it is very chilly in Northern California today! Our pool is like a skating rink!

Back in December I asked Lizzie friend, fellow quilter, and co worker, if she'd like to do a project during the year with me that I had recently found and loved. Sure! Well we both have started on Juniper and Mistletoe by Barbara Brackman and Karla Manaugh. Both versions are sure to be fun to watch progress. In fact, another brave quilter has joined in the fun and Debbie will soon have her fabrics picked out and be on her way to block 1. Something tells me from knowing these two gals that they will have the whole thing done before I can get to block 3. They should be called the Lickity Split Gals!

  Here we go:
My background is Kansas Trouble from my stash and an Early Civil War Print Tree.

What the Project Looks Like!

Block 1 is called Star Flower
So, if anyone else wants to jump in with us, let me know and we'll keep in touch! One of the nice things about the book is that the quilt is set several different ways and with different color ways, so even though we are sewing along together, things will end up having our own personalities. I am using the freezer paper applique method and it's working out great for me. This time around I decided to try silk thread and man oh man, do I love how it disappears. No so much do I love how it comes unthreaded, but hey, small price to pay for the look. I am using some wool too, and wool felt for the stars worked out great so not too many little points had to be stitched. If I am going to keep up with the Lickity Split Gals, this may be my saving grace! 





6 comments:

  1. Nice Pammy! Can't wait to move on to block #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun. Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired that quilt! I look forward to seeing your progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to look amazing once it's finished! X

    ReplyDelete