Monday, April 15, 2013

Rose Watercolor Sketches

Happy Monday gals! I have a rose bouquet to share with you. Friday morning I was thumbing through a copy of BH&G Quilts and More/ Spring 2013,  and saw a cute little quilt. It got me started on a quilt I began on Friday and sewed on a little on Saturday and Sunday and boom! Done!





I had picked some beautiful blooms from our garden in the morning and just was so excited to use up some of my Martha Negley Flower Market fabric.  I added in some butterflies and needed a little accent square. This is where the virgo in me just got all riled up. I must have spent a good 30 minutes figuring out that little piece.



And finally decided on the Chartreuese Michael Miller dot. It seemed to go with the big daisy center and the peonies too.


I used Kona snow for the little sashings and then went with the Flower Market for the outer border and I am going to use the butterflies on the back.


 It really came out retro tablecloth looking. Something about those colors reminds me of 1950s and my grandmother's house. She had a couch that was that deep green with beautiful jewel toned pillows in polished cotton.  Good Memories and a great little finish!

Wishing you all a great week and happy sewing :) xo Pam

5 comments:

  1. Pam I like the quilt , its so springy and life right now is verry wintry. So thank you for a spring day via your pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, we need some bright and cheery things right now. I had to scrape the snow off my car yesterday morning before I left my friends house in OR to drive home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wherever I look at your blog it reminds me that I want to make a quilt! I love these colours and patterns xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love it when some quilts just want to play nicely together and it is such a joy to work on!! Love this quilt and your beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love your fabric choices. My aunt used to use a quilt that she'd made as a tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete