Friday, October 18, 2013

A Little Italian Themed Sewing and Books

Morning Gals! I managed to fit in a little pillow sewing this past week with my adorable collection of Va Bene from Dear Stella and some awesome Robert Kaufman essex linen in black. The little postmark fabric is something I happened to have that seemed to fit in perfectly with the other prints. This finished pillow will be a gift for our tour captain from Queenslander Tours. Elaine was a wonderful guide and made our trip so special and kept us in line! Queenslander Tours are so awesome. We only had 12 other people with us and it was so fun to eat in real restaurants they had found for us and to have all our entries to venues smoothly planned. You could not go wrong with these folks and they travel everywhere!

Va Bene by Dear Stella

Fussy cut 2 1/2 inch squares
 I also have not yet sorted and returned the many books we gathered through the past year. I love and cherish some of them, especially The Lady in the Palazzo and That Fine Italian Hand.
Books about Italy loaned and purchased along the way

 These guides were about $10 each at purchased at the site of many places we visited. Rome had one and I believe we got that one too. They are so fun! The then and now of the places really gives your on site visit a different perspective.
These little books with overlays show "then" and "now"

Can you imagine? Pompeii before the eruption.

 I will be back early next week with Postcard #2 from our travels. I hope you don't mind a travelog from Librarygal...reliving it is such fun for me! Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to more posts about your trip! The pillow is wonderful.
    PS, I cannot post comments on certain blogs thru bloglovin and yours is one. I have to open a new page, find your blog, then comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Have you read Miss Garnet's Angel? It takes place in Venice.

    ReplyDelete