Sunday, January 12, 2014

Library Gal really does Quilt

Good Sunday morning gals! I have been wanting to show you some of my recent sewing but got carried away with the travel log! You won't have to endure any more of that business until August when we go to Scotland and Ireland. Yep. It's on the calendar!

I had a couple of great sewing days making a cute table runner called "Sophia" by Valori Wells.
Valori Wells pattern
 a Christmas quilt for my friend Joanne,
Basic Grey and Essex Linen Zig Zag throw
 and a Santa mug rug to hold my grandson's note to the jolly ol soul.
this photo needs cookies!
Also in the works after Christmas was all done and put away, I got busy on a baby quilt that needs to get in the mail within a few weeks. It's the smallest version of Hugs and Kisses by Jaybird Quilts. I took Julie Herman's class at Sisters this past July and wanted to have something to show for it, so I cut into my Heather Ross, threw in some Tula Pink, and even my Lizzy House pearl bracelets.

Hugs and Kisses
I also had purchased some wonderful Australian Aboriginal prints at the Quilt Show in October and wanted to do something kind of different with them. So, I thought I'd incorporate them into a quilt I have wanted to make for a long time, The Peony Star from Remembering Adelia by Kathleen Tracy.

Peony Star in Aboriginal Prints
Quirky, I know. But I think it will be fun when it's all put together. I am adding an extra row and leaving off the distinct border. My other fabrics are black and white prints that I have had around for sometime.

And one more start this new year with a sampling of the new Downton Abbey prints. I wanted a lap sized throw for watching the latest season and honestly probably won't get it done till they do in another cast member, but I have good intentions. Unlike Thomas. hee hee.  I only used a wee bit of "Lady Mary" (the dark smaller squares), and mostly the "Lady Sybil" and "Lady Edith".  I added some bits of silk I had from ages ago to give it a little dressing up. Can you see Highclere Castle? Just a touch of the signature print.
"Lady Mary" here and there

Highclere and a bit of silk
So that is all for now, gals, hope your week is a good one! Let's hope we get some rain here in Northern California. We need it!!


6 comments:

  1. Fun stuff. I love what you are doing with the Australian prints. And I am all about hoping for some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun projects! You have been busy!
    I had no idea that there was Downton Abbey fabric! I must find some, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Love how you are setting the Australian prints with the black and whites, I see some fun fussy cutting! The circle fabrics in Hugs and Kisses is perfect. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been sewing a lot! Love the hugs and Kisses quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Downton quilt; I've been wondering what that fabric looked like. You will love Scotland! Great finishes, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Downton Abbey quilt! I bought some of the fabric and am just trying to decide what to make with it. I really like how you did yours :) Thanks for checking out my blog through the Inbox Jaunt this morning and leaving a nice comment! That was a fun post with a lot of new blogs to check out. I love yours - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete