Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fabric Privacy Please

Just when I think I have calmed down and figured out my stash and what to make next and next and next a little thought goes like this while scrolling for something sensible like background fabric for a project. "Oh, look at THAT fabric! Who is the designer? Wow! Okay, maybe just some fat eighths so I don't miss out on it." Hahaha. And that is the story of my burgeoning closet of cloth.


I can't help it and sometimes I just don't want to help it. Except when my newly retired husband says, "you got some MORE little packages in the mail today" what the heck are they? "Oh just fabric". Gulp. I feel like I want a P.O. Box. Some fabric privacy please. I have been known to curse the mailman for coming around late in the day but now I kind of hope for it. And that I am at the kitchen window when he goes down the first side. Stroll on out now to the driveway to clip some weeds...nab it as it is delivered and swoop it into the house. La Ti Da.  So here is what is on my want list currently.


This package will be coming from Australia!








Oh I could go on and on but really Pinterest keeps me sane by just pinning some of my favorites instead of guilt and or secret trips to the post office. And so we have some money left over for, you know, food.

Now that I have that off my fabric mind, I want to announce that very soon I will be having an anniversary to celebrate my 300th post on Library Gal Quilts and I will be having a giveaway so you too can add to your stash and have a little parcel come to your house! 

7 comments:

  1. My fabric stash is a bit out of control...my purchasing ebbs and flows. I try to remind myself that there will always be great new fabric...sometimes that helps. Sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the fabric store for the backing fabric for a quilt I had finished, but just couldn't resist some other lovelies. I do try to use my stash for backings, but sometimes a quilt just needs a special touch. So the stash grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at my LQS yesterday drooling over A Wandering Mind, I already have a bit of it and was desperate to buy more, but as I haven't yet thought of a project for it I restrained myself, it is gorgeous fabric, I want it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fabric stash is OK, but then there's the yarn.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are so shady! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol Library Gal turns into Shady Lady! Yummy yummy fabrics, love Tula Pink's fabric and the Australian fabric looks interesting with lots of bird feathers! I've been good pulling from stash with only one fabric purchase so far this year (as I sit here with my plastic rectangle with numbers next to me freshly used to buy toys for the longarm :0) Who needs food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are funny! No quilter has ever had too much fabric!
    I think you passed the bug on to me, some of those fabrics are Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete