Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I Heart You Gals

Happy February 2015! Yes, I do heart you gals and I have been thinking of updating this journal of my sewing and family for weeks!

I sometimes think the newer ways of communicating with Instagram and Facebook have become so easy to do and Blogger seems, well, harder for someone that doesn't know how to manage her photos from her phone and ipad and desktop. So as I learn these things I will be happy to update more often. I need a lovely assistant. Heehee. 


Chevron and On Pattern

I made a darling baby quilt for my first project of 2015. A student of mine from the library wanted a quilt for her best friend's new baby. We picked out fabrics together for Miss Nisa Bee and of course Sweet as Honey by Bonnie Christine of Art Gallery Fabrics was perfect.  I added some Cloud 9 organic voile from my stash, and the lovely solid soft white is Robert Kaufman's Ultra Cotton Sateen. It's called Chevron and On and I downloaded it here from Quilty.   Has a houndstooth look to it but so much more modern!

Here is the sweet Nisa Bee enjoying her new quilt and her little dollie quilt to go with it.  


sweet as honey alright!

Seriously, she loves the quilt!


Quilted with a bumble bee pattern from Urban Elementz to finish up!






5 comments:

  1. I would love to follow you on Instagram. How do I find you? My Instagram name is aquiltingsheep. =)

    I love this quilt pattern. I saw one like it on Pinterest last week and it makes my heart sing! Simple and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you Pam! Very cute and Busy Bee is perfect, sweet as honey :0) Well done, love the doll quilt to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! The quilt and the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously, Nisa adores her sweet quilt...she really does make that quilt look as snuggley and inviting as it is! Well done. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little baby, Pam. No wonder she loves the quilt; it's a beauty. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete