Sunday, March 20, 2016

Wayyyyy Overdue! Hi Gals :)

I am way overdue (library humor laughter). I hope if I have any blogging friends out there still, that you will catch up with me over a cup of morning coffee or a glass of evening wine and I'll tell you the story of the last many months.Yikes. Just kidding! ll probably just skim over most of it and get right back at it, that is if my iphone images would just upload to my new computer. So challenged with this dilemma that it has been most of the reason I haven't blogged. It doesn't recognize my phone so I am at a loss to blog without images. One of the many reasons getting older can be so frustrating! 

Cat Lady Quilt
Here is a portion of a quilt I really love that is now at the quilters. This is a paper pieced kitty with appliqued face and yarn and a bit of embroidery for the sweet face. I love this line of fabric by Sarah Watts of Cotton & Steel. I even got to meet her at QuiltCon in Pasadena this year. You can find the pattern free at the RJR website here. 
Oh such a sweetie Sarah Watts
So many other wonderful quilty peeps at this show that I was a little star struck. They are the talent that keeps me excited about this wonderful lifestyle known as Quilting!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe

The Queen of it All Gwen Marston

The wonderful Jenny Doan

Heather Givans of Crimson Tate

The amazing Violet Craft

So fun to meet Anna Maria Horner
My friend Dorrie and I just made the best of our time scouting out all the quilts and taking classes from these lovely women.  QuiltCon was amazing and the quilts were so great! Here are just a few for you to look at but I encourage you to seek out more online. Our community of quilters is so fresh now and full of young minds doing important things with fabric, it really makes up for a lot of the crazy things happening in our world! 




2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a super fantastic time!!

    ReplyDelete